Hanging With the Huies »

Guest Post – Day in the Life of a Twin Mama

Hi All! I’m Danielle Moore, I blog over at Moore Party of Four! Initially it was a blog about our Infertility struggles & miscarriage, then twin pregnancy and now we have 20!!!!! month old twin girls! Besides my random blogging, I am a full-time working mama; I work as a radiographer (ahem. Xray tech), at a local private doctors office- which I love! My husband is a middle school teacher (bless him) and the Head Girls Basketball Coach at Grafton High School. For years, he was both the boys and girls middle school head track coach, but just recently stepped down this year to spend more time with his girls! Awh! The girls have made our lives better in every single way. In ways we didn’t know were possible. The days can be crazy, fun, exhausting and just awesome! 


I worked yesterday 8-8, so the girls spent the day at my parents until Andrew got off at 3:30pm and then he picked them up and took them home. They were in bed by 645 that night.  I usually work 3 days a week 12 hour shifts. My schedule is Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 8-8. Unless I work a weekend day I get off early one day through the week. Wednesday’s are my favorite! I haven’t seen the girls in two days and they are extra snuggly!

1253AM-  Ella whined and cried for a minute. Binky check. 

215AM- Bria has a small night terror. I’m still unsure if it’s a nightmare or night terror. Some days she’s easily comforted and some days she thrashes and doesn’t acknowledge I’m there- all while asleep. Tonight’s she was easily comforted. 

555AM- I hear talking from both. I go in, lay them both back down and say it’s still night night. Some times it works, sometimes not. Today it worked! 

640AM- Ella is awake and talking. She is always awake first. On days I work- I would have already gotten up at 530 and would be ready and almost out the door. Some days the girls wake before I have to wake them and the last 2 days we’ve had to wake them up to change them to leave by 645. So this is sleeping in to me. 


My husband, Andrew, wakes up and goes to take a shower. Today, the girls wait for breakfast and color. I go in and pick out their clothes for the day, wrangle the two crazies and change their diaper and clothes! Andrew comes out and starts breakfast for them around 7. He’s the cook, thank the lord. While he does that and they eat at their table, I unload and load the dishwasher.  Today they had scrambled eggs, waffles and applesauce, with water. 

Andrew leaves for work around 715 and the girls say their bye byes and blow kisses and give hugs. They finish up breakfast and we clean up the living room so I can sweep! I make sure on the days I’m off I do dishes and sweep the upstairs to keep some sort of consistent order in our house and it’s been working out well. 

Around 750/8AM we venture downstairs. Where we have the ultimate playroom and our main living room. 


Then it’s crazy play until 945. 



There’s a ton of dancing and music videos. These girls have moves and love to dance! 

At 945/950 it’s time to go upstairs. The girls grab their blankets (frozen of course), monkeys, and binky’s & sit down to watch frozen. I unload the dishes from earlier and let the girls wind down for their nap. I’ll never understand why they can be up for 7 hours in the evening but barely make it 3-4 in the morning. 

Nap from 10-12. This is where I usually plan lunch and dinner, get myself ready, eat lunch for myself, pay bills, craft (I already crafted last night and made some shirts for a friend – I love my heat press!) Today I threw chicken and potatoes in the crockpot. I get myself ready and our bag ready for our play date today with some girls I graduated X-ray school with and their kiddos! These are the things I dreamt of when we were trying to get pregnant! I got myself ready, and started the girl’s laundry. Their bag is packed with sippy’s and snacks and I make their lunch- pears, Mini pizza and cheese.

Of course today they get up at 1130! I finish their lunch and set them down to eat. I hadn’t changed yet, so every time I tried to sneak to my room- they followed. They didn’t eat very well and the sandwich I made for myself didn’t get eaten either. It was a nut house trying to wrangle both kids, change diapers, and get socks and shoes on and their jackets. While I was getting Ella’s socks and shoes Bria opened the wipes container and had them spread all over the floor. 

1219- We are out the door and in the car. I let them both run to the car. Bria goes in first and Ella goes in last kicking. 

1225- We are at the post office. I have to mail onsies to a friend. Bria is sitting nicely on the bench and Ella is up running around. The post master tells me the last time my husband was there with them both, it was the same scenario. 

1235- Back in the car, and on our way to our friend Megan’s for a play date. I get stuck behind a train. Ella pretty much screams the entire way there because she wants more snacks, even though she didn’t eat her lunch. 

100 PM- we finally arrive at our friend Megan’s. It was hysterical. They have two dogs, which my girls are obsessed with puppies. Megan has two boys and Ashley had her boy there, her daughter was in school. The girls took a few minutes to warm up, but loved every minute to it. The enjoyed snacks, Legos, playing with cars, getting kisses from the puppies and lots of pictures. It was so nice to meet up with them, I have totally missed them more than words and I’m glad I can finally bring my own kids to play dates! 



IMG_1230  IMG_1226

At 230 – We left. Stopped at sheets because the girls were cranky and momma was thirsty! 

300- We are home inside and coloring. Waiting for dadda. The girls wouldn’t stop talking about the puppies. I change diapers, and eat a few bites of chicken since I missed lunch. 

330- Daddy arrived home and the girls start tackling him. They love being thrown around and kissed a ton so this is one of my favorite parts of the day.  We play mommy and the girls swaddle their babies and burp them. I say how great of big sisters they would be. & I get sad again, that they probably won’t ever be big sisters for multiple reasons. Sigh. 

430- We run to the grocery store to get a few things we needed, soap, the girls were out of most breakfast foods, bananas and tin foil. 

515- We are back home and Andrew starts boiling water for our corn on the cob. Ella has a meltdown or two. I change Bria’s diaper, she has pooped again. Ella is throwing herself on the ground- The usual.

545- Dinner is finally ready (well the crockpot was done, just waiting on our veggies) and the girls pick at their dinner. It’s so frustrating that they are barely eating the things we make  and it’s things we know they love. Corn, mashed potatoes, etc. We even gave them a yahoo each to entice them to sit down and eat and nothing. Ella throws a giant fit, sits in the bad chair. She eventually agrees to eat dinner and says I love you. 


She again refuses to eat, Bria is just running around the house and I haven’t even attempted to sit down and eat. I finally make my plate, while the girls calmed down and have been stealing bites from daddy. 

They both come over to me, Bria starts eating my baked potato and Ella asks for a bite of my corn on the cob. Apparently, she only licked it and I kind of love pepper. Whoops! She is scratching her tongue and I make her take lots of drinks of her chocolate milk. She finally steals my corn on the cob, Bria has devoured my entire potato and all I have left to eat is my chicken. 

615- The girls get ‘nakie’ and this is when the fun starts. They haven’t been listening well in public or when we are outside, etc when I tell them to stop. I thought a game where we played stop/go would be fun with M&Ms as rewards. It turned into a giant track meet, Ella just did it for fun and Bria just did it to eat the M&Ms. I *think* they got it at the end? I don’t know. 

640- Bria has a gigantic poop. We just decided to start bath a few minutes early. Bria runs to the bathroom, Ella follows behind with corn in hand. She is walking around saying yummy while I get her pajamas out.


She says she’s done, Daddy has run the bath water and both girls get in. We have a pretty good system for bathing. Andrew bathes the girls and entertains them. I get pajamas, diapers, milk, towels, and clean up what mess I can while they play. They played until 655. I change Ella and dress her and she starts drinking her milk, but is mad I won’t give her any snack before bed. Andrew finishes dressing Bria and they both Lay down on our laps and watch Mickey Mouse. 

Bria declares she is "all done" and they both hop up, give each other hugs and kisses. Adorable!! And give us kisses too! There’s lots of I love you’s. Ella gets both binky’s and hands Bria hers. We carry the girls in the bedroom and lay them down with their monkey and Blankie. Sound machine on, humidifier on, room darkening blinds closed. Done. 

It’s 710pm. I hear one giggle and then nothing else. We clean up from dinner and crash on the couch for a few minutes. Andrew falls asleep with the cat. I go down and start another load of the girl’s laundry and clean the downstairs from this morning. I put away some clothing items I bought the girls the other day for $1 in the next few sizes up in the laundry room. I’m super cheap so I already have 2 full garbage bags of 3T, 1 full of 4T, and a small 5T bag.

After that I come upstairs, clean up a bit again. It’s around 830pm and I sit down to log on to Facebook and order some things from a Co-Op I am a part of. It’s the last day to order and deciding on what color moccs to get was hard ;).

930PM –  I have to work tomorrow so I need to go to bed early and that is where I head. We take the monitor in and crash in bed. I search facebook, my favorite blogs, Instagram, etc. Andrew does the same. We have survived another day! ☺

Connect with Danielle……
Blog: Moore Party of Four




Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *