I love to test out new makeup products and am always looking for “the next best thing” in the beauty world but no matter what I try drugstore or higher end stuff I always find myself coming back to these products. My tried-and-trues! The makeup products I grab for on the daily.
1. Hard Candy Living Doll: Such a pretty pink with just the right amount of shimmer. I wear this on my minimal makeup days for a pretty pink cheek with natural looking glow.
2. Rimel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob: I know, I know I talk about it alllllll the time but it’s just so awesome. It’s been a favorite of mine for a solid 5 years (at least). It’s such a pretty neural pink and the color I grab for most days. I line my lips then color them in slap on some Moon Valley Organic lip balm over the top and call it a day. I think it would be a shade that would look great on most skin tones so don’t be afraid to give it a go!
3. Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara: One of the most common questions I receive “What mascara do you wear?” It’s been the same one for many years because I have yet to find one that does a better job with my lashes than Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black mascara. Side Note: If you give this a try be sure you get the Carbon Black version.
4. Revlon Colorstay: I’m always trying new foundations hoping to find one that works with my problem skin (big pores and acne scars) and I did find one this year that I kind of like but y’all Revlon’s Colorstay just takes the cake! It wears well, blends easily especially with the Beauty Blender, holds up to humidity and Texas heat, and the main one it handles my problem skin well. I can’t say enough good stuff about this foundation.
5. NYX Blush in the colors (Dessert Rose + Bordeaux): I recently paid a pretty penny for a higher end blush. One that the gal at Ulta raved about. It was a pretty color and all but a couple hours after I put it on you couldn’t even tell I was wearing it. Bummer! This is why I keep coming back to this product. It’s blends beautifully and last longer than other blushes I’ve tried.
6. Pixi Eye Shadow Palette in Copper Peach: Love this palette! Perhaps I love it a little too much because even though I have tons of eye shadow palettes even some really nice higher end ones this is the palette I mainly grab for. It’s just so gosh darn pretty. The colors are well pigmented and blend beautifully. You can create so many different looks with this little palette from day to night! It’s also the gift I give most of my makeup loving friends who then end up becoming just as obsessed with it as and I am.
7. Beauty Blender: It’s not cheap y’all but it’s worth it. It changed the way my foundation looks. On the days that I’m lazy and don’t care too much about my makeup I skip the beauty blender but when I want my makeup to look nice the Beauty Blender is a must. I’ve tried the knock off foundation blenders and y’all they don’t even come close to the magic of the Beauty Blender.
8. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind: I’ve been using this for the longest but as I try new foundations I’m noticing that it works differently with each foundation I’ve tried. When I’m wearing the Revlon Colorstay foundation this is the concealer I grab. It blends beautifully and wears well throughout the day but I will say it doesn’t wear as well with other foundations I’ve tried with it.
9. Airspun Powder: This is the powder I use for baking under my eyes and to set the makeup around my nose. I’ll even use it a neutral eye shadow on days that I’m going for the no makeup looks. It’s soft and light and does a the trick!