1. Soap and Glory Righteous Butter: This has been a favorite for a couple of years. In fact I’m pretty sure I’ve chatted with you about it before. I LOVE this stuff! It smells amazing, makes my skin feel so soft even the day after I’ve used it and it won’t break the bank. You can find it several places (Target, Walgreens) but check Ulta first as they usually have Soap and Glory goodies on sale. Right now they’re running a buy two get one free sale!
2. Soap and Glory Vitamin C Facial Wash: I recently picked this up as my free item during Ulta’s buy two get one free sale and am really liking it! It smells lovely and doesn’t dry out my skin. The bottle is pretty big and a little goes a long way so it will last you a while.
3. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Creamy Shower Gel: Another long time favorite. It has the same lovely smell as the Righteous Butter (clean fresh scent). The creamy part is why I love it so! It still works like a shower gel but the lotion they add to it moisturizes and leaves your legs feeling good. I use it as my soap and also my shaving gel.
4. Moon Valley Organics Herbal Lip Balm: I talk about this stuff on Snap Chat (Kendra_Huie) ALL THE TIME so I figured it was high time to add it to a favorites list. I’m nuts about this lip balm. I picked up a bunch of Moon Valley Organics goodies during a trip we took over the summer and fell in love with their products. So much so I found their website and have since placed several more orders with them. I have tubes scattered all over my house and my car so I always have one on had when I want it. When I’m good about applying it throughout the day I notice such an improvement in texture of my dry lips. Not only does it makes my lips look and feel better I love the way it looks on. It has more of a shine to it than other chap sticks. On days when I’m doing low key make up I usually wear this along as my lip product or put on some liner and top it with their lip balm and I’m good to go! I own all the different varieties but the mint vanilla is probably my most favorite. The zingy cinnamon packs a punch and has that lip plum product feel to it after you apply. Just a little FYI in case that’s not your cup of tea. To get 20% off your order purchase through THIS link. They will also generate a discount link for you to share with your friends and family.
5. Yes To Coconuts Hydrate and Restore Over Night Cream: A while back Carson (our almost 2 year old) got into my expensive Origins faces creams and covered himself in them. I’m cheap and Origins is not so it was total gut punch seeing my new bottles all empty. I went without for a while because I just couldn’t bring myself to fork over the cash to replace what Carson got into. I was on the Ulta website looking at their sales and they has a sale on the Yes To line (still on sale by the way, buy one get one 50% off). I like the Yes To products so I figured it was worth a shot. Y’all I LOVE this stuff! It’s tons cheaper than the Origins line I was using and honestly I’ve see more change in my skin from this product than I saw from my 3 plus years using Origins. It’s super hydrating. I not only go to bed with soft skin it’s still soft when I wake up in the morning. It’s perfect for winter months when our skin tends to be more dry. It has a light coconut smell so keep that in mind if that’s not your thing. I’m loving it so much I picked up some of their masks and plan to order their day cream as well!
6. Yes To Coconut Ultra Hydrating Overnight Eye Balm: I picked this when I purchased the night cream and love it just as much! It feels great on my skin and keeps the skin under my eyes soft. Maybe I should thank Carson for getting into all my Origins stuff. Because of him I found these two new products that I’m tickled with.
1. I’m currently recovering from dental surgery and my family has been bringing on the joy this week! My mom took me to surgery, brought me back home, picked up my pain pills and made sure I had some mash potatoes. You’re never too old to need your mom! I’ll have a vlog up early next week that will fill ya in on all that’s been going on. It’s been a crazy month. I cry in it though so I’ve been on the fence about sharing it. If I can get over the embarrassment I’ll post it soon. Every thing is fine. We’re healthy and good it’s just been a month!
2. My mother-in-law has been watching the boys for me while I recover. She calls me every day to check on me which is pretty sweet. She has made dinner for the boys and Kent the last few nights and sent Kent home with some homemade broth since I can only eat soft foods at the moment. She’s a gem I tell ya!
3. While I was still drugged up post surgery my mom and I stopped into a thrift store. I scored 2 vintage Pryex dishes for $2.49 each and some awesome vinyls Nat King Cole and Ray Charles to name a few. Total scores!
4. Podcast have been my jam lately. I go for months without listening to them. Then for some reason I get into podcast kick and listen to them non stop! I think we need a “My Favorite Post Cast Post”.
5. Last night I was cuddling Carsie-Bear aka Carson. He had his head on my shoulder and I was rocking him when he said “I miss you” out of nowhere. They’ve been spending a lot of time with my Mother-in-Law while I’m recovering and of course I miss them like crazy during the day. It was beyond sweet to hear those words come out unprompted form my sweet little bear.