UPDATE 1.16.2017 @7:30 am cst Registration is now closed!
Yay! It’s that time of year again!
Registration for our 5th annual Valentine’s Box Swap is now open!
Before we jump into registration info and all that jazz if you’ve stumbled on this blog post and have no idea what this swap is all about check out lasts year’s Valentine’s Box Swap round post HERE for a little glimpse into all the puffy heart fun!
I’m even more excited that Jordan from Fit By Jordan and Andrea who is one of our awesome readers turned friend have sweetly agreed to come on this year and help a sister out!
It takes a lot of work on my end to organize all of this and our sweet swap has grown each year so I’m beyond grateful for their help!
Are you ready for all the fun?
All the info you need to participate is below!
Oh and you’re going to read EVERYTHING before you sign up right???????
Because I can totally tell when participants don’t read all the information (just saying).
- Must be 21 or older
- Must reside within the US
- Must and this is a BIG ONE not only receive but also send a box. I know it’s silly to say this but I have to. If I find out that you’ve not sent a box to your buddy you will be blocked from all future swaps and giveaways hosted on this blog or my social media accounts. I will be emailing you and you will be placed on the naughty list which goes directly to the big guy himself. Be kind people and think about all the love and time your buddy put into your box. DON’T BE A JERK!
- You must follow all steps below to be registered
- You must follow the shipping dates outlined in the info below!
- You must love unicorns and sparkles. Okay just kidding about that one but it’s definitely a plus!
REGISTER -What to Do
- Registration opens today Friday January 13th and closes Sunday January 15th at 9pm cst. Late registrations will not be accepted so be sure to register before 9pm cst on the 15th if you would like to participate.
- This year all registrations must be submitted to our designated Valentine’s Box Swap email account < HWTHValentinesBoxSwap@gmail.com >. Facebook and Instagram comments will not count as a registration. Although I do love reading your comments on social media and hearing you’re jazzed about the swap!
- You will NOT hear back from Jordan, Andrea or myself until Monday, Jan 16th when we send out questionnaires. All questionnaires are due Wednesday Jan 18th by 9am cst. You’re not considered registered until I receive your filled out questionnaire. If your questionnaire is late or not returned you will not be registered for this year’s swap. Buddies will be assigned and emailed late Saturday evening on Jan 21st . If for some reason you do not hear from me by late Monday evening (Jan 16th) with your questionnaire form shoot me another message to let me know.
SPREAD THE WORD
Blog, Instagram, Tweet, Facebook, chit-chat with your gal pals. However you chose to share I would love you to help spread the word about our fun swap! When you share about our swap direct them here or to my Instagram or Facebook page so they can get the info they need to join in.
The more people that join, the more love we can spread!
When sharing via Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter be sure to use #valentinesboxswap so we can find each other! If your account is set to private on Instagram we will not be able to see your post even if you use the hashtag.
WHO’S YOUR BUDDY
Late Saturday evening on January 21st you will receive an email from Jordan, Andrea or myself with all the info you need to start working on your buddy’s box. Our swap is a bit different as we do not swap back and forth with the same person. You will be sending to one person and receiving a box from another. That way you can connect and meet more people!
DOCUMENT THE JOURNEY
Take photos and video while you’re getting your craft on, shopping for your Valentine’s buddy, or even while you’re mailing your package! Be sure to SHARE YOUR PHOTOS!!! Get creative and share the journey with us! Seeing the process is all part of the fun and a great way to connect with others that are participating! There was tons of great involvement last year and we all enjoyed seeing everyone process as they prepared a box full of love for their buddy! Share your photos via Instagram and on our Facebook page. I will pull some of my favorite photos to share in a later blog post (with your permission). Be sure that you use #valentinesboxswap so we can find your photos when posting! If your Instagram account is set to private we will not see your photos in the hashtag feed.
SEND YOUR VALENTINE’S SWAP BOX
On or before Monday, January 30th! This means your package should be completed on its way NO LATER THAN Monday, January 30th! This way you and your buddy will have your Valentine’s box in hand and ready to enjoy by Valentine’s, maybe even a few days before!
DON’T NOT and I REPEAT DO NOT participate if this sounds like a time frame you can not work with. We do this annually so if you have too much on your plate at this time skip and join in next year. It’s not worth stressing yourself over.
I really really really REALLLLLLLLLY dislike having to reach out to people about boxes being late or missing due to a participants not sending on time. Seriously it’s not fun. It’s awkward for me. It’s awkward for you. Just take care of business on time and we’re go to go!
Again this takes a lot of work on my end so when I have to put even more time into it because people are not following through with what they agreed to it gets me a little miffed. Sooooo if you’re certain you can hang with having 9 days to shop, craft (if you choose), pack a box for your buddy and send it on its way come on down my friend we would love to have you participate! It’s TONS of fun!
Receive & Document
Blog, Instagram, Tweet, Facebook all about your Valentine’s Swap Box and your adventure with the swap. Sharing about your box and your experience participating in the Valentine’s Box Swap is part of the fun. Be sure and use the hashtag #valentinesboxswap on Instagram and Twitter so we can all find each other. Again if your account is set to private we will not be able to see your photos! I’ll be selecting a few of my favorite photos to share in a Valentine’s Box Swap round up post!
1. Do I need to have a blog or social media account to participate?
Nope nope nope! Everyone within the US blogger, social media junkie or not is invited to join in! I will say that it makes it more fun if you’re on social media so you can connect with other participants and enjoy the experience together! I’ll be checking in over on our new Hanging With the Huies FRIENDS Facebook Group throughout the process. If you’re on Facebook be sure to join us over there as well. It’s another way to meet and connect with our lovely community.
2. How much should I spend?
Around $30 this should include packing material and shipping cost. If you chose to spend more that’s up to you! Shipping for a small to medium size box is usual around $5-$8. Just to give you an ball park idea.
3. What should I include in my Valentine’s Box?
Two things are required in this year’s box!
- Valentine’s card with a personal note written to your new buddy.
- Your most loved inexpensive product such as your brand favorite chap stick, candy, your favorite type of pen, favorite drugstore makeup (to give you a few ideas). Just something you love that you think your buddy would enjoy as well. Include a note on this item to let them know that its your “Loved” item and the reason why you enjoy it.
The rest of what you include is up to you!
You can stalk (friendly stalk not cray-cray scary stalk) your buddy and see if they’re into anything in particular. Ideas: chocolate, crafting supplies if your buddy is a crafter, a small candle, funky Valentines socks, coffee/tea/hot chocolate mix, funky mug, dish towel, vintage coolness, handcrafted goods, stationary, accessories, some of your favorite inexpensive items like chapstick or a small bottle of your favorite hand lotion. The possibilities are endless BUT be sure to keep shipping cost in mind!
Have fun with putting your package together. I’m giving you plenty of time to get creative (if you chose) so be sure to start ASAP so it’s a fun experience and not something you have to rush through at the last minute!
4. Is it a secret?
No, yes, nah, ummm kind of? I want you to share, document, and talk all about your journey. This makes it that much more fun for all of us! You just might not want to directly tag your buddy with a picture of their package saying something like “Hey So-and-So this is your gift. Here’s everything in it. Hope you like it” that way they’re surprised when they open their box.
5. Is their an age limit?
Yes, you must be at 21 or older to participate.
6. What if I didn’t receive my assignment.
You are NOT CONFIRMED in until I receive the answers to your questionnaire. I will not hunt your down for your filled out questionnaire. That’s up to you to get it back to me on time within the time frame noted above.
If you do not hear back from me by the evening of 1/16 that means I did NOT receive your email. Be sure to follow up asap so I can get you what you need within our window.
If you’ve read all the information above and you’re 100% on board shoot over an email Valentine’s Box Swap email address (listed below). Be sure to make note of all the dates I’ve outlined above so you know when to expect emails from myself, Jordan or Andrea as well as the date to have your box on its way to your buddy (that one is very important).