Things are a little nuts in the home front this week as I’m finishing up some edits for a client and trying to find a “mother’s helper”. We recently found out that my Mother-in-law will be in China for 2 months and welllllllll she pretty much makes our world go round so I’m trying to find someone to stop by for a couple hours a week so I can do the basics ya know…..
Pick up the house
Humm maybe get a second to recharge my batteries.
Soooo since things are a little nutso right now today’s Bloguary post is a random one I just threw together!
How about some random facts about yours truly and some fun facts about our friends in the animal kingdom to go along with it?
Let’s do this thing!
1. Kent and I used to own a Pizza restaurant in Downtown Dallas called Slice. Oh the stories I could tell you about that place.
2. I used to be a orthodontic assistant in my early 20’s. It was one my lowest paying but one most favorite jobs as a young adult. Hello scrub awesomeness! The reason that I ended up leaving is a whole different story and y’all it’s WILD!
Someone spread a rumor that I was working at a strip club as a cocktail waitress and that I was talking in detail about all the sexy outfits I wore in font of patients. Huh? What? Come again? First of all I don’t have the confidence to work at a strip club so HA jokes on your rumor spreader! Secondly I was so hurt that one of my coworkers would craft such a lie and that my boss would believe it enough to call me into a meeting that I turned in my 2 weeks notice. I mean really what the what? I’m still confused about it all and it’s been years. It was so random and so far left field from who I was as a person and employee. It was just nuts! I think someone was jealous of my sweet bracket placement skills and wanted me out!
3. I randomly break out in song throughout the day. It’s usually sung in a really loud voice and little a ditty that I’ve come up with on my own. That’s how we got our sweet song “Let’s Change Your Diaper” “Brown Owl” and one of Weston’s faves “Circle Square Triangle Oval”. Weston thinks this is totally normal and Kent sometimes…..soooooooomtimes (because it takes a lot to impress that man) will slide me a “Hey that one was really good”. We jokingly talk about how he’s going to learn how to play the guitar so we can start a children’s sing song YouTube channel. Life goals peeps.
4. Little slimy critters like me.
I’ve had a lizard in my house shoe. Just pause for a moment and think about that. Yep!
A snake in my bathroom…..twice. Both times I screamed for help.
And a lizard on my leg in the shower which I thought was a piece of hair tickling my leg. That was a shock when I looked down!
5. I used to hate coffee. The smell of it the taste of it even with all the cream and sugar in the world. My mom gave me a Keurig as a Christmas gift and said “You may not love it now but you will and you’ll get a lot of use out of it.” She was right! That Keurig was my gateway to my massive coffee love! For my 1st mother’s day Kent gave me a new Keurig and for Christmas last year I got a Nespresso VertuoLine. It makes both coffee and espresso. Ummm y’all if you love a good bold strong cup of coffee I can’t recommend Nespresso machines enough! My most favorite cup of coffee are the ones I make at home with my Nespresso machine!
6. I taught English in China. Long time followers already know this but there’s a little fun random fact for our new blog buddies. No I didn’t meet Kent there which is usually the next question that follows when I tell people I lived in China.
7. I can’t sleep without the TV on. Well I can of course but it takes me forever to fall asleep then I wake up when I hear the littlest sound.
8. I’m a gift card hoarder. It’s true and I’ve unsuccessfully tried to work on this but I still have probably 20 something gift cards that I’m saving for a that “special rainy day”. It’s so dumb and I see that but there they sit in my little pink bag (yep I had to get a little bag to keep them all together) just collecting dust. I could be out of the house for a full day shopping, drinking coffee, and eating yummy meals and still have gift cards left to use. I need help! Who want’s to go shopping!?!
9. If I ever have to go pee in the middle of the night I will walk to the bathroom flick the light on really quick to check for snakes (See # 4) then turn the light off so the bright light doesn’t disturb my grogginess too much. It doesn’t matter how many times like when I’m preggers and going potty 3-4 times a night I will ALWAYS check. You know it will be that 1 time time I don’t check that snake will be waiting to attack me. Yes I’m weird. You have my permission to judge me on this one.
10. I can’t remember the last time I wore shorts in public and it’s not easy hating shorts and living in TX.
Registration for our 4th annual Valentine’s Box Swap closes tomorrow 1/15 at 9am CST!